A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
|Published||March 10, 2015|
A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara is an adult contemporary novel, originally published on March 10, 2015.
To view more details about a given item, click the "Expand" button beside it. Please note that these details may include spoilers.
- Ableism (violent) Dismissal of chronic pain, physical abuse after showcasing disability, character is raped because of his disability. This happens in The Axiom of Equality, Chapter One.
- Child abandonment A baby is left in a dumpster
- Child abuse
- Child death Detailed, The Axiom of Equality Chapter Two.
- Child molestation
- Drug abuse
- Domestic violence/abuse Has the potential to lead to a possible murder. The Axiom of Equality, Chapter One and Two.
- Eating disorder
- Emotional abuse
- Lesbophobia (unchallenged)
- Physical abuse Character is constantly hit by people raising him as a child. He is later hit by a partner as an adult.
- Prostitution Of a child (from nine to twelve years old). The Axiom of Equality, Chapter Three.
- Rape The Axiom of Equality, Chapter One and Chapter Two. Child rape at Chapter Three.
- Self harm (graphic)
- Sexual abuse
- Sexual assault
- Suicide ideation
- Suicide Graphic attempt at The Axiom of Equality, Chapter Three.
- Transphobia (misgendering)Character isn't actually trans, but characters doing the misgendering believe they are, trans identity is used as a punchline. Vanities, Chapter One.
An asterisk (*) indicates that the author openly identifies with that identity.
- M/M romance (main characters)
- Black side characters
- Indian side character
- Disabled main character
- PTSD (main character)
No controversies have been added yet. To add some, click on the edit button! Please include a source!