Welcome to Book Trigger Warnings, a site dedicated to helping readers find books that are safer for them.
Our site is very new and as such, a lot of information has not yet been added. This site was created as a wiki in order to allow everyone in the Book Community to contribute to our efforts. If you are familiar with warnings/tropes/controversies for a specific book, please add them here! It should be noted that on BTW, we use the words "trigger warnings" and "content warnings" to be synonymous, despite several nuances between the two.
This is a community wiki and as such, SOME WARNINGS WILL BE MISSED. We are not medical/psychological professionals and do not claim that our pages are complete or accurate. Just because a book "looks safe" for you on our site does not guarantee that it is. Please read our Disclaimers page for more information.
To find a book's page, simply search the title or author in the search bar above. Alternatively, you can look at the alphabetical master list of all pages here. If a page has not yet been created, you are encouraged to create one using the following steps below.
If you're looking for pages that have a specific trigger/content warning listed, you can search it using the above search bar. For example, if you're looking for books with car accidents in them, you could search "car accident".
Note: To create/edit a page, you need to first create an account. This is to minimize spam and deter people with malicious intent.
Creating a Page
- Make sure the page you wish to create doesn't already exist. All page titles follow the format of "BookName by Author(s)".
- If your search comes up empty, the following prompt should appear:
- Click on the page name in red and use the automatically loaded template to fill in whatever information you have. Keep the page as spoiler-free as possible.
- If you need help figuring out how to use the text editor when creating or editing a page (or if you'd like to see how to format your page), please see our Sample Page. Information on the info box template can be found here.
- To upload a book cover to our wiki, please click on "Upload file" on the left. To avoid copyright infringement, make sure that your photos are of low resolution.
- When you are done, click on "Save Page".
- Each page should be tagged using categories to label them by age bracket and genre(s).You can find an up-to-date list of all categories here
- An up-to-date list of our recognized tropes can be found here. If you would like to add a trope, feel free!
- A list of possible triggers can be found here.
- A master list of all pages on BTW can be found here
- If you need help editing a page using the text editor, please check out our Sample Page!
- If you need to rename a page, click on "Move" in the "Page tools" toolbox.
- If you have any questions for the creators of BTW, you can visit our talk pages at the following links: Jen's talk page, Rob's talk page. We also have a Book Trigger Warnings Twitter.