The White Road by John Connolly
|Published||February 17, 2003|
The White Road by John Connolly is an adult horror mystery thriller novel, originally published on February 17, 2003. It is the fourth book in the Charlie Parker series.
To view more details about a given item, click the "Expand" button beside it. Please note that these details may include spoilers.
- Ableism A side villain has schizophrenia and it's treated as something scary.
- Abusive relationship
- Animal death
- Child abuse
- Child death
- Emotional abuse
- Gun violence
- Homophobia Usage of homophobic slurs.
- Physical abuse
- Pregnancy A major character is pregnant during this book.
- Racism Heavy and frequent usage of racial slurs (challenged/not condoned by the narrative), graphic depictions of racist violence including lynching and burning.
- Rape Talk of past rape, including child sexual abuse. Not explicit and nothing happens "on screen"
- Religious extremism
- Sexual abuse Past child sexual abuse.
- Slut shaming
- Torture Graphic descriptions of past torture.
An asterisk (*) indicates that the author openly identifies with that identity.
- Gay black side character
- Gay side character