Crier's War by Nina Varela
- This article is about the book. For the series, see Crier's War by Nina Varela (series).
|Published||October 1, 2019|
|Publisher||Quill Tree Books|
|Age group||Young Adult|
Crier's War by Nina Varela is a young adult fantasy novel, originally published on October 1, 2019. It is the first book in the Crier's War series.
The following trigger warnings can be found on the author's website:
General Content Warnings
- Discussions of war; discussions of the suffering & exploitation of humans by the Automa ruling class
- Past, offscreen death of family (Ayla’s; violent, but no graphic detail)
- Offscreen death of minor characters (no graphic detail)
Specific Content Warnings
- Self-harm: In Chapter Seven, two characters draw blood for a ritual. It is not cutting in the context of self-harm, but the descriptions could be triggering.
NOTE: In the ARCs for CRIER’S WAR, Chapter Eight contains the offscreen death of a child (no graphic detail). This isn’t in the final version, but just a heads-up for anyone reading the ARCs.
Other Trigger Warnings:
An asterisk (*) indicates that the author openly identifies with that identity.
- Sapphic (wlw) romance
- Lesbian brown main character
- Bisexual brown (woman) main character
- Brown/Black people cast (no white people)
- Queer minor/side characters