Heartstopper: Volume Four by Alice Oseman
|Published||May 13, 2021|
|Publisher||Hodder Children's Books|
|Age group||Young Adult|
Heartstopper: Volume Four is a contemporary romance graphic novel series by Alice Oseman that started out as a webcomic in September 2016, following Nick and Charlie first seen in Solitaire. It is the fourth book in the Heartstopper series.
The following content warnings are listed on the author's website:
Heartstopper: Volume Four contains extensive discussions and portrayals of mental illness. Overall, the story has an optimistic spin and a focus on recovery and healing, though there are darker moments in order to portray the realism of living with mental illness. If you are triggered by any of the below topics, please proceed with caution.
- Anorexia - portrayals of restrictive eating behaviour and other discussions around eating disorders, with a focus on anorexia.
- Self-harm - references to incidents of self-harm (though there is no on-page self-harm)
- Psychiatric ward - a character stays briefly in a psychiatric ward and has an overall positive experience there.
- OCD - brief discussions of OCD symptoms.
- Therapy, including a brief discussion of trauma.
- Brief references to past bullying.
Additional Trigger Warnings
- Transphobia (mentioned)
An asterisk (*) indicates that the author openly identifies with that identity.
- Gay main character
- Bisexual main character
- Trans woman side-character
- Lesbian side-character
- Demisexual side-character
- Pansexual side-character