In Strange Woods by Claire Cray
In Strange Woods by Claire Cray is an adult romance novel, originally published on August 28, 2020.
To following warnings can be found on the author's website. To view more details about a given item, click the "Expand" button beside it. Please note that these details may include spoilers.
- Grief, depression, anxiety, suicidal ideationJames is struggling with his mental health after losing his family. In Chapter 1, he briefly mentions that he’s had suicidal thoughts. Another character has lost a relative to suicide.
- AlcoholWhen the story begins, James is abusing alcohol heavily. Two drinking binges occur on page in Chapter 1 and Chapter 9. James acknowledges the problem and drinks gradually less as the story progresses. (Milder instances of social drinking involving other characters appear in Chapters 5, 20, and 26.)
- Prescription pills: James mentions having taken Xanax in Chapter 1, and in Chapter 10 briefly references having been “pilled up” at one point in the weeks following his loss.
- CannabisThis story is set in Oregon, where the medicinal and recreational use of cannabis is legal and widely practiced. James and Hunter casually smoke cannabis in Chapters 5, 20, and 25.
- HeroinA character flashes back to a time when he once smoked heroin as a teenager, was harshly reprimanded by a relative, and never did it again.
- MurderJames’s family was violently murdered in a home invasion. The murder methods are explained, though not in graphic detail.
- Sexual abuseHunter briefly references allegations of sexual abuse within the fundamentalist church to which his estranged family belongs.
Additional Trigger Warnings
No additional trigger warnings have been added yet. If you have more to add, click on the edit button!
An asterisk (*) indicates that the author openly identifies with that identity.
No representations have been added yet. To add some, click on the edit button!
No tropes have been added yet. To add some, click on the edit button!