The Blood Prince by Josie Jaffrey
From Book Trigger Warnings
The Blood Prince
|Published||February 20, 2019|
|Publisher||Silver Sun Books|
|Age group||Young Adult|
- Post-apocalyptic setting; humanity has been mostly wiped out by a virus that turns them into zombie-like creatures. Small communities of humans are isolated from the abandoned outside world, which is considered contaminated.
- General warning for violence.
- General warning for blood/gore, including blood drinking, description of injuries, zombie-like creatures, dead bodies.
- One of the main settings is a city controlled by vampires where humans are considered servants/slaves. Issues of power disparity/class divide/consent under slavery discussed briefly.
- No racism, no homophobia (main character relationships are F/M and M/M), no ableism, no animal cruelty, no misogyny.
- No sex; some kissing (teen appropriate).
- Some swearing (up to and including ‘fuck’ but not frequent).
- Blood drinking as sexual/pleasurable behaviour.
- A main character tortures minor character for information.
- A main character finds out she was conceived by rape.
- A main character is temporarily, and side character permanently, under control of sadist; he injures them, keeps them locked in his house, and emotionally manipulates them. Main character subjected to emotional abuse disguised as romance.
- A side character is a mother who had her baby stolen at birth.
- A side character has a difficult childbirth; not graphic, mother and baby fine afterwards.
- Minor characters whose mouths have been sewn up.
Additional Trigger Warnings
- Body horror
- Sexual assault
An asterisk (*) indicates that the author openly identifies with that identity.
- Gay main character