The Gilded King by Josie Jaffrey
From Book Trigger Warnings
The Gilded King
|Published||June 25, 2018|
|Publisher||Silver Sun Books|
|Age group||Young Adult|
The following content warnings are listed on the author's website:
- Post-apocalyptic setting; humanity has been mostly wiped out by a virus that turns them into zombie-like creatures. Small communities of humans are isolated from the abandoned outside world, which is considered contaminated.
- General warning for violence.
- General warning for blood/gore, including blood drinking, description of injuries, zombie-like creatures, dead bodies.
- One of the main settings is a city controlled by vampires where humans are considered servants/slaves. Issues of power disparity/class divide/consent under slavery discussed briefly.
- No racism, no homophobia (main character relationships are F/M and M/M), no ableism, no animal cruelty (other than calling an ornery horse a ‘bastard’), no misogyny.
- No sex; some kissing (teen appropriate).
- Some swearing (up to and including ‘fuck’ but not frequent).
- Blood drinking as sexual/pleasurable behaviour; sometimes violent (only off page).
- A side character in abusive relationship (violent and controlling partner; victim attempts to minimise). Abuse discussed but not seen on page; victim’s wounds treated and emotions discussed (not in detail).
- Brief ritual involving cutting baby’s palm.
- People (including children) kept in cells long term.
Additional Trigger Warnings
- Child death
- Domestic abuse
An asterisk (*) indicates that the author openly identifies with that identity.
- Gay main character
No tropes have been added yet. To add some, click on the edit button!